Booking Terms ~ Holiday Cottage & Farmhouse
1. The Booking will be between the Holidaymaker (the Hirer) and the owners (the Owners). The booking will be made subject to the following conditions of hire and the Hirer and the Owners will enter into a legally binding Contract on the issue of a confirmation of booking.
2. Booking – A deposit of 50% of the holiday rental, plus the cost of any chargeable extras is payable on booking. The balance of the cost of the holiday rental is due 4 weeks before the start of the holiday. For bookings made less than 4 weeks before the start of the holiday full payment is due on booking. Provisional bookings are held for one working day only and confirmed on receipt of payment of the deposit or the full rental due. Payment can be made by by cheque, bank transfer or debit card. A 3% handling charge is made for credit card transactions. There is no charge for debit cards. All communication regarding the booking or matters regarding the alteration of any booking, will be made between the Owners or employees of Monkton Wyld Holiday Park or persons authorised to act on behalf of the Owners (their Agents).
3. Cancellation of Booking – In the event of the Hirer cancelling the booking the Owners will attempt to re-let the booking. If the booking can be re-let the Owners will return the full amount of the days re-let less a £25.00 administration charge. If the Owners are unable to re-let the booking, the booking fee is forfeited resulting in any balance owing still being due and payable on the due date. We strongly advise that you take out holiday insurance.
4. Liability – The Owners have taken care to ensure that the property and its contents are safe and in good order. Neither the Owners nor their agents can accept liability for any damage, expense, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever other than that caused by the negligence of the Owners, their agents or their employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment).
5. Arrivals and Departures – In order that the properties can be properly inspected between guests the properties will be available at 4 p.m. on the day of arrival. All properties should be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed by the owners or their agents.
6. Occupancy – The number of persons occupying the property may not exceed the maximum number stated in the brochure and websites. The Owners have the right to refuse entry to a party larger than the agreed number. The Owners reserves the right to refuse or curtail a booking where it transpires that information has been withheld, such as, numbers in the party, composition of the party or intended use of the property.
7. Housekeeping Deposit – The Hirer must take care of the property and its fixtures and fittings and leave it clean and tidy and in the same condition as at the start of the holiday. A housekeeping deposit is required to cover the cost of any breakages or damages to the property. The Owners reserve the right to withhold some or all of the deposit in the event of breakages, missing items, damage, evidence of smoking or the need for extra cleaning if the property is left in a condition regarded as unacceptable by the Owners.
8. Pets – Pets are not allowed in the Farmhouse but they are in the Bungalow.
9. Complaints – The description of the properties and their facilities are made in good faith. If you encounter a problem with the property, or you have cause for complaint, please contact the owners or their agents immediately so that any fault can be rectified as soon as possible. If you are not satisfied, inform the owners or there agents immediately, no complaints can be dealt with after completion of your holiday.
10. Access – The Owners, or their Agents shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time for essential maintenance. Whenever possible this will be by prior arrangement.
11. Smoking – All our properties are strictly non smoking.
12. Lost Property – We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any property left behind at the end of your stay. Whilst we will make every effort to return lost property this will only be done on receipt of full payment for the registered post involved plus a £5 plus V.A.T. handling and packing charge. Items not claimed after 28 days will be disposed of.
Farmhouse – Please be aware that Monkton Wyld Farm House is on multiple levels with steps between most of the rooms. Please familiarise yourself with the property on arrival. Stair gates are installed at the top and bottom of the main stairs. If you have any concerns please discuss with the owners prior to booking. The front garden is fully enclosed. Click to view the Farmhouse Access Statement.
Bungalow – The old dairyman’s bungalow, known as Laneside, is on one level with just a small step into the kitchen from the utility room. The bathroom has a large conventional shower with sliding door. Access to the garden is via the front door with a small step down to the patio. The enclosed front garden is level. Whilst having no special facilities it is easily accessible to visitors with moderate movement difficulties. Click to view Laneside’s Access Statement.
14. Wood Burning Stoves. Monkton Wyld Farm House has two wood burning stoves. It is essential that you are familiar with their correct operation before attempting to use them. Both stoves are perfectly safe when used correctly. If you are not familiar with open fires or wood burning stoves, please ensure that you seek advice from a member of staff who will guide you in their correct use.
15. Website and Brochure Accuracy – Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of information given on our website and our brochure, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require clarification on any matter.
16. Price Changes – All prices for holidays are confirmed as soon as a provisional request is made. However in the case of bookings made for the following year, these are sometimes subject to a price change. If this is the case with your booking and on receiving your confirmed price at the beginning of the following year, (beginning of January) and you are unhappy with the change, the Owners will cancel the holiday and refund in full the amount you have paid.
17. Internet Access – Internet is provided free of charge, log-in details will be provided on arrival. Due to the rural nature of the properties the broadband is not fast but adequate for general web browsing and emails. Internet providers cannot currently improve the speed but we continue to monitor the situation. Neither the Owners, their Agents, nor any employee, nor any person associated them or their Agents or employees will be responsible for the Hirer, or members of the Hirer’s party or visitors to the Hirer, downloading or browsing any illegal, offensive or criminal material.
18. FIREWORKS. Fireworks or Chinese Lanterns must not be used within the grounds of the properties.
19. These booking terms supersede all previous terms and conditions and those used in any printed literature.